Follow these steps to migrate your site into OU Campus
- Schedule a preliminary migration meeting to discuss the process and topics below.
- Follow the migration planning guide.
- Take the necessary steps before and after the website goes live.
- Discuss your existing and/or new site(s) and URL(s)
- View Template selection for your new site creation
- Training and support
- Determine department website account administrator(s) or liaison(s)
- Discuss their roles and responsibilities (ours and yours)
- Establish one or more account administrators with highest level of access (Level 10)
for your area who will:
- Create user accounts
- Grant access and permission
- Train users/content providers for your department.
For planning purposes
- Establish timeline for your web migration and select a tentative go-live date for your website(s).
- Go-live date(s) must be confirmed at least 7 days prior to actual launch date to allow time for coordination with the Security Office.
- The site owner must provide a comprehensive list of every current Uniform Resource Locator (URL) (e.g. http://go.sdsu.edu/education/ and provide the path where each page will reside post going live (e.g. http://education.sdsu.edu). View Web URL Redirect Example.
- Site review and launch — we can review the site with you to ensure the site is functional and all content is accounted for. We will then launch your site, whether it is a new site or replacing an old site.