Faculty and staff are encouraged to join the SDSU Web Community Group to learn about SDSU Web Accessibility, OU Campus implementation, and other web related topics and updates.
The Web Community Group started in 2013 as a small group to share web accessibility information as part of the CSU Accessibility Technology Initiative. This group meets monthly. As we add other web related topics, and most recently the implementation of OU Campus CMS for SDSU, the membership continues to grow. It is approximately 169 individuals now. The monthly attendance ranges from 30 to 75 people depending on the topic for that month.
- Invitations to Website-related meetings with colleagues across campus.
- Get familiar with Accessibility and OU Campus implementation.
- Learn web related topics and training opportunities.
- Participate in discussions by asking or answering questions posed to the group (discussion participation is optional).
- Receive updates: Accessibility Scan/Report deadlines, Compliance Sheriff application updates, ATI Roadmap and Exemption Process, OU Campus Project updates, etc.
- Opportunities to join ad hoc groups to collaborate on aspects of Website decisions.
- Join by submitting an ETS Service Request.
- Select: New Request & sign-in with your SDSUid credential (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Select Category: Communication and Collaboration / Websites
- Topic: Other
- Subject Line: Join Web Group
- What specifically are you requesting? Provide your name, department and email address.
- Create Request
Upcoming Meeting Topics:
April 17, 10-11 a.m., LL-430
Guest Speaker: Christine Hutchins, Associate Vice President of Marketing and Communications and Chief Communications Officer
- Christine will share her vision and roadmap with regard to their OU migration and web development/redesign process over the next two years and her collaboration with Student Affairs and other stakeholders. She will also discuss MarComm's role related to campus web presence (i.e. SDSU's branding, style guide, etc.) and the importance of maintaining consistent look and feel among SDSU's websites.
May 15, 10-11 a.m., LL-430
Guest Speaker: Rick Nornholm, Senior Director for Enterprise Technology Services
- Rick will share the vision and roadmap related to SDSU's Office365/SharePoint implementation over the next 2-3 years and discuss the synergy between OU Campus and SharePoint as part of the University's cloud strategy to provide reliable, secure and mobile responsive environment to SDSU community and beyond.
June 19, 10-11 a.m., LL-430
Captioning Requirements & Techniques by Marc Pastor & Jon Rizzo from ITS
- Jon Rizzo from ITS will show you how to use HTML 5 and WebVTT files for captioning web video via the element. He will discuss the differences between subtitles, open captions, and closed captions. He will also share captioning syntax/style guide recommendations by the National Foundation for the Deaf. Time permitting, details will be given in regard to workflows and procedures when outsourcing captioning to Automatic Sync Technologies (AST) – the CSU’s contracted captioning vendor.