What is OU Campus?
OU Campus, an OmniUpdate product, is a Web Content Management System (CMS) for colleges, universities and other higher education institutions. A CMS is basically a way for a person with little or no coding knowledge to manage and update their website from a “friendly interface.” Some of the features include multi-browser support, in-context WYSIWYG editor, direct edit, auto-save, scheduled publishing, workflow, and integration with Facebook and Twitter. It sits on top of the coded files and creates a user interface for updating Web pages. We are using OU Campus as the Content Management System for SDSU.
Why OU Campus?
- Template design can be customized to meet your needs.
- Enhance features with snippets and modules to meet your requirements.
- Support mobile responsive design and the CSU Web accessibility requirements.
- No coding knowledge to manage and update your website.
- Flexible and easy to use.
- Ability to share content and other features and functionality between OU sites.
- Provide workflow for approval process.
- No cost for licensing and maintenance/upgrades.
- ETS provides training and support.
- Your OU environment is yours and only those authorized may create/change content.
- The CMS publishes to a highly redundant Web server environment in the cloud.
- OU is integrated with SDSUid.
- OmniUpdate partners with higher ed and industry experts for Web design assistance, if needed.
How does OU Campus improve Web Accessibility for SDSU?
- ETS manages the templates in OU Campus to ensure ATI compliance.
- Users only need to worry about providing accessible content.
- We monitor web accessibility in OU and help users fix errors.