In order to make edits to a page, you need to login and view the page inside of OU Campus. The easiest way to do so is by logging into OU Campus through Direct Edit.
- Go to the page you wish to edit on your live website in OU Campus.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the Last Update Icon in the footer.
- Enter your SDSU ID and password.
- Click Login.
- Once you are logged in, you will be taken directly to the page you were on in the live site, but now viewing it in OU Campus.
You can also view the page in OU Campus by navigating to it through the folder structure on the Page List Area of OU Campus.
Page Actions Toolbar
When you view a page in OU Campus, you will see a Page Actions Toolbar at the top of the page. This toolbar gives you access to a variety of actions. Note that the available actions change once you Check Out the page.
Page Actions Toolbar When a Page is not Checked Out
Page Actions Toolbar When you Have the Page Checked Out
The Page Actions Toolbar includes the following functionality:
- Preview: Displays the page in preview mode. This is how you can see what your page will look like once it is published.
- Edit: Displays the page in edit mode, which includes editable regions. You will need to click Edit in order to access the WYSIWYG Editor for a page and begin making edits.
- Properties: From the Properties link you will be able to access a Log of all activity for that page. Additionally, you can set reminders for the page, i.e. Set a reminder to update your page, change content, etc.
- Versions: Used to see the saved versions of the page. Learn more about Page Versions.
- Page Check: Clicking the Page Check icon displays the Page Check modal with the ability to check your page for Spelling Errors, Broken Links, and Accessibility Errors. Learn about Page Check in Review and Submit Edits.
- Save Version: Allows you to save a version of the current page, which is a useful action to perform before other actions such as a find and replace. Learn more about Page Versions.
- Check Out/In: Learn more about Check Out and Check In.
- Submit: Allows you to submit your page for approval to publish. Learn more about the Approval Process.