Conditions listed here must be met prior to and after a website goes live to redirect users to the new website, update links and improve search results.
Prior to Going Live
|Go-live date(s) must be confirmed at least 7 days prior to launch date to allow time for coordination between University Computing Services and Security Office.|
- The site owner must provide a comprehensive list of every current Uniform Resource Locator (URL) (e.g. http://go.sdsu.edu/education/ and provide the path where each page will reside post going live (e.g. http://education.sdsu.edu).
- Site review and launch — We can review the site with you to ensure the site is functional and all content is accounted for. We will then launch your site, whether it is a new site or replacing an old site.
After Website Goes Live
The changes may take up to 24 hours to propagate across the Internet therefore we recommend:
- Waiting 24 hours to initiate your URL redirects from the former server (e.g. toolbox).
- If assistance is needed with server redirects, contact the System Administrator for that server.
- The Account Administrator must modify the robot.txt file to allow search engines to find newly published website.
- Notify the campus when your website has moved locations so they may redirect their links to your new website location (provide new URL). You may do this through the SDSU Web Community list.