Quick Quide to Editing in OU Campus
To make your text edits, you will use the WYSIWYG Editor (What You See Is What You Get) in OU Campus. The WYSIWYG Editor is very similar to a word processor, allowing for more familiarity and intuitive Web editing.
- Use DirectEdit to enter the OU Campus Page view of the page you wish to edit.
- Check out the page. You can do so by clicking the light bulb icon from the Page Actions Toolbar. If you see a red padlock icon instead of a light bulb, the page is checked out by someone else and you will not be able to edit the page. Learn more about Checking Out Pages.
- Click Edit from the Page Actions Toolbar.
- Click on the Green Button that says “Main Content” with a pencil icon.
- Begin making your text edits inside the WYSIWYG Editor.
- Once inside the WYSIWYG Editor, all of the text on your page will become editable.
You can delete words, change text and add new information as needed. If you are changing
or adding text to your pages, be sure to review the Writing Style Guide to make sure
you are following the grammar and usage guidelines of the university. Use the following
resources to learn more about working inside of the WYSIWYG Editor and for help with
editing your page(s).
- WYSIWYG Toolbar
- Insert/Edit a Link
- Text Formats
- Text Styles
- Editing Snippets
- Save Your Changes — both while you edit and once you are done
- Review Your Edits
When reviewing your edits, you will want to make sure that it’s ready to be published on the BFA website:
- Make sure new content follows the Writing Style Guide.
- Make sure any changes you made align to the Visual Style Guide.
- Use the Accessibility Check to make sure your content is accessible.
- Submit Your Page For Approval.
Use the Workflows to manage your edits and check the status of the page publish.