OU Campus Messaging
Inbox vs. Workflow Messages
Workflow Messages are attached to requests for approval as part of the Workflow process. Inbox messages can be sent to users without associating them with a page. Both inbox and Workflow Messages can have a copy sent to a user’s E-mail address in addition to being sent internally in OU Campus.
Accessing Your Inbox
All messages not attached to an approval request are stored in the Inbox section, with the ability to compose, reply, forward, and delete messages, as well as view sent messages in the Sent section.
The Inbox is similar to a standard E-mail inbox. You can navigate to the Inbox from the Dashboard menu in the global navigation bar or by clicking the link to the Inbox on the Dashboard itself.
Compose is found in the Inbox and under Sent box. By default, the Send a Copy by E-mail checkbox is selected. This will send an E-mail with the composed message to the recipient’s external E-mail account, as long as the user receiving the message has an E-mail address on file. If no E-mail address is on file, it will only send the message within OU Campus.
To Compose a Message
- Navigate to the Inbox or Sent box.
- Click on the Compose button found in the top right of either screen.
- A modal will appear. Enter the user to whom the message should be sent to in the To field. A user or a group of users may be selected from the drop-down, which appears when the user clicks into the field.
- Enter a Subject and Message.
- By default, the Send a copy by E-mail checkbox is selected. To only send the message within OU Campus, uncheck this checkbox.
- When the message is complete, click Send.
Viewing, Replying to and Deleting Messages
To view a message on the Inbox screen, hover over the message row and click View, or click the hyperlinked message subject.
Use the blue Reply button in the page footer to reply to the message, or click the Forward button to forward the message to another user. You can return to the Inbox without responding to or deleting the message by clicking the Back to Inbox button in the footer or the Inbox button in the local navigation bar on the left.
A message may be deleted by hovering over the message row in the Inbox list view and clicking Delete. Multiple messages may be deleted by selecting the checkbox next to each message and clicking the Delete icon that appears in the top row.
Multiple messages can also be marked as Read (such as when a user has received multiple messages notifying of successful publishes). To do so, simply select each message and click the Mark as Read icon that appears in the top row.
The Sent list view shows messages that you have sent and messages that were sent in association with scheduled publishes, reminders, and the workflow process. If a message that has been sent to you is replied to or forwarded, then that is also shown on the Sent screen.
Other functionality available from the Sent screen includes:
- A list of the number of sent messages
- A filter tool to narrow results by the recipient or the subject
- A Compose button to immediately compose a new message
- Columns that are sortable by recipient, subject, or date
- Multi-select checkboxes to delete multiple messages at one time
- The ability to review, reply, forward, and delete messages from the Sent view
- Items that can be hovered over in the list view, allowing users to view or delete individual messages
Forwarding a Message
You can also forward previously sent messages to other users and groups.
To forward a Message
- From the Sent screen, Click the Subject column of the desired message. Alternatively, hover over the message and click View.
- Click Forward in the footer and fill in the To field with the desired recipients. Modify the Subject and Message fields as necessary.
- By default, a copy will be sent via external E-mail. If the user does not have an external E-mail associated with their account, then the message is only sent within the CMS.
- Click Send.
See, OU Campus Documents.
You’re done with Approval and Workflows. Now let’s get to work.